Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday Is Sewing Day

One of my favorite days of the week! I get to spend some time sewing with friends today. Perhaps I'll sew some of the 290+ inches of this bias striped binding onto my son's quilt.

Nick's quilt is now all sewn together and quilted. Initially, he thought he'd like just a plain black binding (the same fabric as the border), but after I took the quilt off of the HQ16 and auditioned both the black fabric and the striped fabric for him, he agreed that the stripes did add a bit more to the quilt than the black binding would. Yeah! I knew he'd see the light (I hope I'm this successful with my subliminal influence when he chooses a wife!).

Shouldn't every day be a sewing day?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, so glad he changed his mind too! I love the stripes, they will add a little pizzazz to the edge.

Wacky Woman said...

Have fun today.

Diana LaMarre said...

I had to laugh out loud on the wife comment...

I think he made a good choice on the striped fabric. I really like striped bindings.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I'm sure you will have at LEAST that much influence Anya! I know I did - NOT!

Barb said...

See Anya you did well, trained Nick to have a good eye with quilts and their bindings! I like striped bindings, they really add something to a quilt, I also like to do scrappy bindings, stripes or scrappy just do it for me! Have a great weekend!