Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Almost Forgot

I just realized that I never posted a photo of my finished project for my guild's September exhibit "Out of the Box" challenge -- some of you may have seen a few photos of the process several months ago. Click here, here, here, and here if you want to refresh your memory.

The name of the piece is "A Quilter's DNA". I love the name, but I'm not all that fond of the final result. It's kind of ugly, if you ask me. The piece should really be three-dimensional to get the complete effect of a double helix, but when this hangs from the ceiling, it twists a bit and moves around, so if you stretch your imagination, it sort of works.

It now hangs in my sewing studio, never to be seen in public again! You can click on the photos to get a closer look (but why would you want to?).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is very unique and colorful! Great place for it to hang

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the quilt on your frame!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

grendelskin said...

I think it's neat! The whole idea fo a challenge is to stretch oneself, and this is quite unlike your usual work so Mission Accomplished!
(I like the quilt on your frame too!)

Vicki W said...

It may not have finished as you envisioned but it's a great idea and I think you could build on it in future pieces.

Karen said...

I thought it was very clever. My friends and I enjoyed seeing all of your selvage projects! You do wonderful work Anya!

Vivian said...

I can easily imagine your selvage "DNA" spinning gently from the force of your quilting energy zooming around the room. (did I overdo it?)
Honestly, I do like the uniqueness of your project, and you stretched your quilting experience. That's the purpose of a challenge, so well done.

Unknown said...

Definitely out of the box thinking! I'd have given you a prize.