Monday, November 29, 2010

Itching To Stitch

I hope my U.S. readers had a very nice Thanksgiving holiday...

Very little quilting and sewing went on in my house this past weekend. That's because college boy was home for the holiday and of course I had more important things to do...things like baking cookies and doing his laundry! Hopefully, it's back to some stitiching this week.

In the meantime, here is a photo of a quilt that I made in early 2008 for my cousin's first baby. The Carpenter's Star is one of my favorite patterns. So easy, yet so impressive-looking. I just wish that I had taken some close-up shots of the quilting that I did in the triangles.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great weekend with your son. I am sure the highlight was his laundry... LOL!! Love the Carpenter's Star too.

Barb said...

Don't you love the college boy visits, and the best part for Nick of course would be the cookies. Laundry goes along with it, but having the laundry and your son at home makes it all worthwhile!Love the Carpenter's Star, pretty and yes I wish too that we could see your gorgeous quilting! Have a wonderful week!

Mary-Frances said...

Gorgeous quilt - very impressive! So glad you had a nice weekend with your son, laundry and all. :-)

Rene' said...

So happy you were able to enjoy time with your son over Thanksgiving! My oldest was stuck outside of Seattle due to the icy roads ;-( Love that Carpenter's Star. I would never guess it is easy. Love the fabrics you chose.

Vivian said...

I've made a similar version of a carpenter star several times. Your star is much more dramatic and impressive than mine ever were.
Well done, Anya.

It's nice having a child back home, even if only for a while, laden with laundry. :)