Friday, August 10, 2012

Fiber Fun Complete!

Here's the completed project that I've been blogging about all week....


I used a zigzag stitch to sew the yarn down on wash-away stabilizer, making a grid by sewing eight long rows down and then the shorter rows across. I left a bit of yarn hanging off of the long ends of the stabilizer to make some fringe (not really visible in this photo). Once it was all sewn down ( it's a great way to use up thread), it went into a pan of water until all of the stabilizer dissolved. I kept rinsing it until I got all the stickiness and stiffness out.

This was very easy and fun to do and I love the result. There are so many gorgeous yarns available now and I've been very envious of my knitting friends who get to use that yarn. Well, now I can use it, too, without having to learn how to read a knitting pattern!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool, and you didn't have to knit a stitch! I like that!

Three Birds Inspired said...

Love how it came out! This may be the best Christmas gift idea EVER!

Nancy said...

So pretty, light and gauzy. And all from the recycle store yarn. Well done.

Wacky Woman said...

Well, just how stinkin cute is that. I will have to have a go at it.

Laurel said...

Love it! I am a knitting impaired person so I think I will give this a whirl. I thought you were making a quilt! I think I will have to try that also. Love your work as always.

Pip said...

I'm like Laurel, knitting impaired :)
this is such a great idea and gives you a great scarf, I'm going to put it on my To Do list.

it's d'Joy.One Creation said...

Just what I had envisioned i have yet to finish the one I've started .... thanks for the boost.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just adorable Anya! Love that open and lacy look.

pizzaeater said...

I love your scarf. I want to do one too. Now I just have to find the right yarn.