Friday, October 24, 2014

1960s Repurposing

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may remember a post from several years ago where I showed a picture of an apron that my grandmother made from one of my dresses (she actually made two aprons). At that time, the photo I had only showed a little bit of my dress. I was recently organizing some family photos and came across a better one showing quite a bit more of the dress.





Even the ric-rac came from the dress. I'm not sure about the source of the orange fabric, though...I'll have to look through more old photos.



3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, that is so cool! What a treasure!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Such a great story!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I see your eyes still in that little girl....funny isn't it. What a lovely dress and an apron too...Grandmas are great people and I can tell you sure had a wonderful one.

Smiles,
Kelly