Saturday, May 24, 2008

One Down...Too Many To Go



The top photo is the "Trip Around the World" plan for my quilt. I've started the center block, but need to buy some silk thread to applique the rest of it. I'll post a photo when it's finished. Hopefully that will be during the first sewing meeting of my guild's Dear Jane group on June 2nd.

In the meantime I had to finish at least one block before the meeting, so I decided to abandon my plan to start in the center and work my way out. From now on I will probably make them in random order. The first easy one I chose is "A-6 Uncle Homer". I printed out the paper piecing pattern from the CD and used the color chart above to decide on the fabrics. The other photo above is the result -- the pink looks a bit washed out I'm afraid.

Maybe I'll make more this weekend...

No comments: