Thursday, May 22, 2008

First post, hopefully the first of many

Welcome to the first post of my Dear Jane Journey and other quilting adventures. Once in a while I expect I'll have a non-quilt-related post as well.

My local quilt guild, the Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild in Tioga County, Pennsylvania, recently formed a sub-group of members interested in making Dear Jane quilts, or should I say, Baby Jane quilts. I bought the software several months ago and now am inspired by the group to finally get started. We've had our first organizational meeting and now it's time to start sewing.

So far the most difficult part for me has been the selection of fabrics/color scheme. Those who know me insist that I have to make it in batiks. I've joked and said that perhaps I'll fool them all and make the quilt in civil war colors (not my style at all), but that will never happen. This quilt is going to take me a long time to make and if I want to be successful, I need to make it in colors and fabrics that I love.

I'm starting with the center block (Indianapolis) and hope to make my way out from there.

No comments: