Saturday, May 24, 2008

50 by 50!



Since this is such a large project, I needed to set myself a goal in order to get things moving. I've decided that my goal is "50 by 50" which means that I want to finish 50 blocks by my 50th birthday. That might be a bit ambitious (just over 5 months to go), but hopefully this way I'll make sure to keep on going with the project. After I make the 50, I suppose I could relax and then set a goal of "60 by 60", but at that rate I'll be long gone before the quilt is done.

Since I starting thinking about making the quilt, I have changed my mind at least a dozen times about the fabric/color choices. At first I was just going to stick to relatively solid batiks, but since I have so many other batik scraps in my stash, I scrapped that decision (pardon the pun).
Today's block is "D-13 Field of Dreams". Very easy to paper piece. The fabrics are mostly yellow and gold, but show up as orange in this picture.

I've also included a photo of the notebook I've set up to stay organized. We'll see how long that lasts...

No comments: