Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Couple of Easy Ones Today

After making the labor-intensive last block, it was time for me to do a couple of easy ones. Here are the results.


The first is "M-10 Simple Simon" (what could be easier?) and the second is "A-8 Florence Nightingale". My computer insists on showing the gold/yellow fabric as orange, but then I think we all can agree that pictures of anything can never do the real thing justice.

My guild's first real working meeting of the DJ club is tomorrow afternoon and evening -- we have 2 sessions to accommodate everyone's schedules. I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done and getting pointers on how to improve my applique skills. I have 4 blocks ready to be appliqued, so hopefully the next post will include a couple shots of those (if I'm not too embarrassed to show them).

I've been doing way too many easy blocks, but at least they have gotten me excited about the project. The next paper-pieced block will have to include a lot of teeny pieces and there are certainly many to choose from. The easy ones will be few and far between from now on, I'm afraid.

No comments: