Saturday, April 17, 2010

Playtime

Even though I have tons of housework to do, I had to give my new toy a try (see previous post). I found some squares of donated fabric that I had in my stash, so I quickly (and I mean quickly) cut out these tumbler blocks for a small Project Linus quilt. They're just randomly arranged on the floor and not sewn together yet...I just wanted to see how it worked. Sorry about the bad lighting -- it was taken in my basement.

For those of you who saw yesterday's post and don't recognize what I bought, here's a link. In addition to the dies that come with the set, I bought the tumbler, circles, and rag square.

This is going to be fun!

9 comments:

grendelskin said...

Oh, what a thrilling tool! I've been wanting to make tumblers and haven't gotten round to it, I bet it would happen a lot faster if that cutter was nearby! I'm particularly keen to see what you do with circles, should be fun!

Unknown said...

So glad that you got the opportunity to use it!! Isn't it just too fun and lightening fast?

Greg said...

I know you'll have fun with the GO! How do I know? A.) You've cut with it B.) You've blogged about it! C.) It's before noon... D.) On a Saturday!!! Enjoy it!! I'd be doing the same thing!!!

Susan said...

The heck with housework...there are quilts to be made and the babies are cold! ;o)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Oh what fun Anya!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I think I need a GO too! Just had carpal tunnel surgery. The GO would be a welcome cutting partner. Have fusynofon! Gail Norback

Kim D. said...

Looks like a lot of fun Anya!! Can't wait to see what other quilts you make with it. Care to be the tester and give us a review?? :^)

Heather said...

I don't know that you're going to be able to sew as fast as you cut now.

Vivian said...

Who cares about men and their toys? We love the quilting toys! I'm so totally envious. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!