Friday, April 30, 2010

What's Black and White and Red All Over?

I offered to make my son a graduation/going off to college quilt, so we've been discussing fabric choices and design lately. He decided that he wants a black/white/red quilt (Cornell's colors are red and white), but isn't sure of a pattern yet. The photo above shows the fabrics I found during a fun quilt show-and-shops trip that I took last week with a couple of friends.

At our last stop on the trip, I came across this wonderful fabric that will make a wild bias binding! The red color is so much richer in person, believe me.

I guess I'll have to wash these fabrics before I use them (most of the time, I don't usually do that). We don't want Nick to wind up with a pink quilt....he'd probably report me for child abuse.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great colors! Black and white with a pop of color is always fantastic. He is sure to love whatever pattern that you make.

Susan said...

It's going to be a great quilt! Have you decided on a pattern yet?

Sara said...

Love that piece for the binding!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Those are great fabrics Anya and Nick is going to have a beautiful quilt!

Unknown said...

I do like the colours, and if Nick did report your for child abuse for giving him a pink quilt you probably couldn't blame him for that!

Although you are making one assumption - that the quilt would get washed???? He is a teenage boy after all!

Cheryl said...

Love the colors , I think it would make a beautiful basket weave Quilt .Its a good pattern for boys .