Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I've Been Busy


As I said when the New Year arrived, I plan to make my 2013 quilts using my stash, scraps, selvages, and strings and using up orphan blocks and finishing UFOs. I've been successful so far and what you see in the photo are eight (count them, EIGHT!) quilts that I've pieced and quilted, all done without buying new fabric or batting. The bindings have all been sewn on by machine and the hand sewing is finished on the top three. Now I'll work on the other five, and since I have finished a couple of quilts already this year, I'll give myself permission to start piecing another top...without buying new fabric, of course.

3 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

You have been a sewing/quilting machine! I keep telling myself that I will stop buying fabric mostly because I have so much in my stash but also because spending money for something I already own is just crazy. I am heading up to Potter County this weekend and will be sewing most of the time I am at my sister's farm. I hope I can make a dent in my stash!!

Nancy said...

Impressive pile of finished quilts! Good for you.

Heather said...

you rock Anya. It also gives me a little thrill to make a project with supplies on hand. now to get back to those two ufo's that are now bellowing out to me (they no longer whisper).