Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Year of the SSSS ...or 4S

As I work on using my orphan blocks and finishing up my UFOs (see yesterday's post), I've also decided that 2013 will be the Year of 4S....Stash, Scraps, Selvages, and Strings. I probably have enough of all of those in my quilting studio to make oodles of quilts without having to buy more fabric. We'll see how it goes.

I don't have any photos to go with the theme of today's post, but since I don't like to write a blog post without including some sort of photo, I thought I'd show these bowls made of glass "thread"...


They are several examples on display at the Corning Museum of Glass, located in Corning, NY. I'm fortunate to live only 45 minutes away and have been there several times. It's a great place for people of all ages, with lots of incredibly beautiful works of art to see and fun activities for kids.


No comments: