Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January UFO Challenge Complete -- #1


Back in November, I blogged about a challenge issued by my guild's president -- we were to list six UFO's that we had sitting around and give her the list. Every month for the next six months (except for December), she will pull out a number, from one to six, and we are supposed to finish the UFO that matches that number on our list by the next month's meeting. Every time we complete a UFO, our names will be entered into a future drawing.

This is the UFO that is due at my guild meeting next Monday. It's a child's quilt that I quickly pieced with some leftover Berenstain Bears fabric that I had in my stash. The pieces that I had were long and narrow, but I didn't want to cut them up too much because of the large print. So I just figured out this easy pattern that highlights the fun fabric.

Here's a closeup shot of the quilting....


And a look at the pieced backing...again, from my stash...and so was the binding....


This will probably be a charity quilt...not sure yet.

To see first UFO that I completed in this challenge, click here.

I wonder which challenge will be next?

2 comments:

Heather said...

good solution to your fabric. Very nice.

I have a contest on my blog today to win one of four quilt patterns in celebration of my 1000 blog post.

Joyce said...

Very cute way to use your fabric. I love the pattern you used. Do you by any chance have the dimensions for this quilt? Would love to try to make one.