Monday, January 28, 2013

Nothing Goes To Waste


I know that some people will call me crazy for doing this, but these are the slivers from the trimmed blocks in the quilt I showed in my previous post. And they're not in the trash can...I'm saving them for a project that I am anxious to try. If it works, I'll blog about it someday.

These don't even fall into the category of scraps...they're definitely slivers. I suppose I could change my 4S project (Stash, Scraps, Selvages, and Strings) to my 5S project by just adding the word "Slivers".

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep... boy they are slivers! I can't wait to see what they become. I am assuming these are the trimmings from the gorgeous quilt in the last post?

Jean said...

I I love using the leftovers! I saved slivers for awhile, but didn't make what I planned on so stopped saving. I need to start again!

Heather said...

I gave a bunch of slivers to a friend who is a paper maker. I don;t know if she tried them, but i did use the trimmed ends of the machine embroidery thread . The smaller pieces stayed embeded in the paper, but the longer pieces just layed on the surface and then peeled off.

Books_Bound said...

I bet they would make good pincushion stuffing!

Vivian said...

You've grabbed my attention. I'm curious about this one. I've seen projects made with itty, bitty chunks and pieces, not slivers, and the colors were separated at the start. Yes -- definitely curious.