Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Splendid Fall Walk

My husband and I took advantage of this gorgeous fall weather today (low 70s, dry and sunny with a clear blue sky) to take a walk at Hills Creek State Park, a park within easy walking distance of our house. Here are a few photos from the walk... We had the park almost to ourselves. There were only a few people in the campground and a few using the pavilions for lunch. Every time we take a walk in our neighborhood, we can't believe how fortunate we are to live where we do. Although I can't really say it was fortune -- it was a definite decision on our part to leave our life (and more than half our income) in Northern Virginia 11 years ago and move our family to a place where we could really enjoy our lives.
It was the best decision we ever made....
This life I have allows me to spend a lot of time doing what I really enjoy doing. One of those things is quilting.


This is "A-2 One, Two Buckle My Shoe", an intermediate-level paper-pieced block.

No comments: