Friday, September 26, 2008

The Early Bird Gets A Good Seat On The Bus


I will be spending tomorrow at the Quilting Around Chautauqua festival where there are supposed to be over 900 quilts on display from guilds all around the Chautauqua, NY area. The bus leaves at 5 AM (yikes!) and I hope to be home by 11 PM. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Thankfully, I'm not doing the driving.
There will be vendors, of course, but I'm going mostly because I love to see quilts in person. And I use quilt shows as an opportunity to get ideas about machine quilting...my camera will be full of photos by the time the day is done, I'm sure.
The Dear Jane block I finished today is "D-9 Uncle Richard", an intermediate-level paper-pieced block. I may be so exhausted after the bus trip that I may not have another block done for a while...

1 comment:

Barb said...

Anya, I do hope you enjoyed the trip, exhausting yes, but the ideas in your head and the eye candy you see OH BOY! I love your DJ block, but you already know that I am sure!