Thursday, September 11, 2008

End of the World?

Well, I guess that since the world didn't end yesterday as some had feared because of the CERN collider, that means that I need to keep working on my DJ blocks. My 16-year-old son tells me that yesterday's test wasn't really the complete test -- that comes in late October. All the scientists did yesterday was make the particles go around in circles -- on October 21st, they hope to make the particles collide. THAT's when the world is supposed to end.

Drats, that's only days before my 50th birthday! Whose bright idea was that? Can't they just wait another 2 weeks or so? I would like to live to be at least a half-century old.

Anyway, this is "L-8 Box Kite", an intermediate-level paper-pieced block. I would think a beginner could handle this without too much trouble.

Although I'm doing well toward my first goal of 50 blocks by my 50th birthday, I don't really think I can finish the quilt by Oct 21st...so the world better not end...

No comments: